HOORAY! They have arrived! And we have a new colour range to show you- CHEER! We have been waiting (not very patiently!) for these joy bringers to arrive. And they are the best! Check them out!
If you have been a friend of Poppies for a while now, you will know that balloon art and installations are our jam. It was the natural progression from being a party store for many, many years, that our love of colour and play would burst out into the world in this way. Did you know that last week our little team had the joy of being involved in five separate installs? Ranging from a beautiful balloon wall for a sweet 1st birthday, to a 15 metre wide streamer art piece, to a balloon garland for a luncheon. It is all joy to us.
And then did you see our HUGE balloon wall we did for our friends at EMG Events? 15 meters wide, 3 meters high and glorious! Over 5000 balloons were used, including the magnificent 165 cm balloons that are bigger that Lani! When the install was complete the client was so delighted they were a little misty eyed. We will never take for granted that we are welcomed into people’s lives to be a part of special events and celebrate their special days. And when it touches the heart of our clients and contributes to their events in a way that brings joy and beauty - well, that is just the bees knees.
I know we are not meant to have favourites, but by gosh the Unicorn range fills me with joy. I don't know if it is the sweet mix of colours with a dash of silver or that it is called Unicorn (because who doesn't love a mythical creature that is celebrated for its grace and majesty!) - but something about it is so sublime.
We have JUST re-released our glorious Unicorn Jumbo Confetti Balloon - and she is magnificent! And did you know we have cups, plates, straws, pops, streamers, and jumbo and fringes all available in Unicorn? But even more fun, a Pin the Tail on the Unicorn and Unicorn Puppets! Party decorations and party craft sorted!
We are often asked about our favourite party that we have been involved in. And we have had the extraordinary privilege of working with some lovely and wonderful people. But our favourites are always our own children's birthday's. Always.
We are like every other busy mum out there: slightly sleep deprived, scrambling at the last minute, late night, online, present shopping, fingers crossed it arrives in time!! But every birthday of our little one’s is a joy and a favourite.
It is from this place that many of our products are born: keeping it real and keeping it easy. Poppies decorations are easy to install: we are all about stress free!! It doesn't have to be perfect- it just have to be something you love. Our newest products bring the joy and stress-free goodness that we love. Linking Balloons Sets and Fancy Balloon Garlands are all kinds of easy party fun.
I have a confession to make. I love cold weather: Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons. I know all my fellow Aussies are shaking their heads in protest! But as soon as the calendar ticks over to December I am counting down the days till we say 'goodbye Summer' and 'hello Autumn'. I love the trees showing off their wild reds and oranges. I love cold, clear mornings followed by bright blue skies. Toasty toes in slippers and hands wrapped around mugs of tea - bliss.
We affectionally called the balloon art below a rain cloud. It is no wonder it was my favourite.
If you need that 'blowing in the breeze' effect in your life, we've got you covered.
Candles and flowers are great, but why not do something different this year! This special edition Mother's Day confetti balloon with streamers is what every fun mum needs and wants AND it takes all the hassle out of finding the perfect present for Mum!
Balloon comes inflated AND with a box of delicious English Breakfast Tea from our friends at Larsen & Thompson.
Balloons will be delivered, helium inflated, between 9 and 4pm on Sunday 14th May. Imagine her delight at opening her door to this! All this for $60 delivered to select Melbourne suburbs (if you don’t see your suburb on the list, please email us for a delivery quote).
MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH SORTED
MUM silver mini balloons that can be threaded onto straws and tucked into flowers on the table, CONFETTI scattered, a DECORATION CLUSTER & LOVE SCRIPT BALLOON hanging over the table & a FANCY BALLOON tied to her chair. Not to mention lots of treats from PANA CHOCOLATE & ACRYLIC TOPPERS. And don't forget to buy her a CARD.
Our confetti balloons are our signature dish (like Heston's snail porridge but much better and more colourful). But have you seen our glorious solid colour balloons?
And now we are excited to introduce you to the newest member of the family - MIDI SOLID ROUND BALLOONS. The perfect in-between size! Made from the highest quality latex, 60cm, a host of fabulous colours and can be filled with air or helium. Get your hands on one (or lots!) here.
The lovely people at realestate.com contacted us to chat about all things balloons, party and confetti. Check out their fun words and pictures here.
We are so pleased to have Jacinta here! We are such fans of her Instagram account. It is full of super fun and easy crafts, that are also smart and engaging. Go check it out: you won't be disappointed!
I am so excited to be a guest blogger for “Poppies for Grace!” Thank you for including me. My name is Jacinta and I am an Australian based Scientist and Mum of three, hoping to inspire creative kids and fun mums, families and educators. I post really easy and fun learning projects on my Instagram page @cintaandco. It’s called Cinta & Co. as my family and friends call me Cinta – short for Jacinta, and my kids are my co. – you will often see their little hands hard at work in the photos that I post. Today, I would like to share a really simple and fun Easter bunny basket that you can make at home in just a couple of minutes.
What you will need:
6 x 6 inch squares of coloured paper. We used origami squares, but any square paper will do.
Double sided tape
Black marker pen
How to make the Easter bunny baskets:
1. Fold your square of paper into thirds. Open up the folds and refold the square across the opposite axis, so that your paper is divided into 9 even squares.
2. Cut along the two middle folds on each side of the paper and add some double-sided tape to the edges of the middle paper sections.
3. Attach the end sections to the tape to form your basket. Cut a strip of paper and attach it to your basket to form the handle.
4. Decorate your baskets with a cute bunny face. To make the bunny face, cut out the bunny head from white paper, glue down some mini confetti checks and use your maker pen to draw eyes and a mouth.
5. Fill your baskets with confetti (and maybe some chocolate)!
Happy Easter everyone!
All the fun things are happening with the Fancy Balloon Garland! Such a great statement piece for any occasion. AND we have a video to show you how to put it together! Such fun!
Look at our sweet little friend!
Sweet Dreams launches tomorrow and we are excited about showing you what we have been working on. Sweet Dreams is a soft mix of blues, mints and silver. Perfect! One of the reasons we are so excited about this range is because YOU asked for it! You asked, we listened and boom! Here we are, surrounded by the perfect colour mix for 1st birthday's, baby showers, 4th birthday's, any birthday, any event! You will find all the classic Poppies goodness in the Sweet Dreams range: balloon pops, jumbo confetti balloon, plates, cups, straws! The lot!
We also have a few other fun new things up our sleeve for tomorrows launch, so make sure you jump on the website and have a look.
The Poppies team is an amazing mix of men and women who bring their A game everyday to work. It is a small team, but it is a team full of joy, skills, fun, creativity, pragmatism, excellent jokes and wild dance moves.
And so, we welcome you to POPPIES FOR GRACE: EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Confetti Club is such fun! This month's confetti has just hit the post and it's a goodie!
A lovely thing that we didn't foresee is how many people would buy subscriptions for their friends! What a lovely, kind and generous thing to do. Confetti Club is the gift that keeps on giving, month after month.
So do you wanna be in our club? It’s super fun!
We love hearing stories of where our speciality mixes end up. In cards, under pillows, in art activities: the options are endless with confetti!
Come be in our gang and show us what you do with yours!
Oh this weather! We can't work out if we are hot or cold! Where did Summer go? Is it Autumn already? We don't know! But inside the studio it's a different story - it's all systems go! We are fizzing with excitement!
We are in the midst of planning for our next release of party products! It is a joy to watch Alana work. Her eyes light up with ideas and colours and her hands jump from one thing to the next, building, creating, turning things over. Colours become tangible in her hands. She talks about them like they are old and loyal friends.
And while Alana works her colour magic, we chase her around with excel spreadsheets recording colours and quantities,
And all the while we are thinking about when and where and how these new products will go out into your hands: to be apart of your special days and shining moments. Oh the joy! Keep an eye out - new things are coming!
Can we talk about confetti for just a moment? And our innate and unwavering love of it? We hand pick, hand mix and hand pack all our confetti here in our Melbourne studio. We spend extensive amounts of time discussing shades and tones, size and shape. We really do.
And so it is no surprise that confetti follows us where ever we go, tucked into our pockets, in our cars, scattered over our lounge room floors, floating through the studio carpark and always in the bottom of our handbags. I found some in my parents bathroom last time I visited. They live 2 and half hours away from the Poppies studio. I'm not quite sure how it got there. We seem to drop confetti like bread crumbs, always leading us into colour and joy. And it is in the simplicity of dots of colour, swirling through the air, that we find a moment of joy and goodness. What grace that is.
We have been waiting patiently (and a little bit not!) for our Honeycomb Balls to arrive - and they are finally here! 19 colours, 3 sizes and all the fun! Jump online to purchase.
- Using the paper tape, stick the design to the front of the card. No need to worry about getting it on there perfectly, this is DIY FUN, just use your eye.
- Use your art knife to cut the design into the card. No need to put the pressure on like an elephant, as once you’ve gone over each letter you can remove the taped on design & go over the cut lines again using your fancy knife. Just remember to carefully peel the paper tape off to avoid taring the card.
- Fill the pocket with confetti (make sure you don’t over fill as it will make the card too bulky, a couple of pinches gives a nice coverage).
- Seal the pocket & shake it in your hand to spread the confetti.
- Using the paper tape stick the pocket to the inside of the card.
- You may like to put the folded card under a few heavy books for an hour or so to help the fold work a treat.
Please note: These cards really are for your nearest & dearest. As they do take time, making 100 may be a slight over commitment.
* for convince & delight you can purchase a DIY Christmas card pack from our website, which includes 6 plain cards, 6 kraft envelopes, 6 clear pockets, stencil downloads & mini joyful confetti. All you need to grab is an Art knife, paper tape & a cutting mat.
I'm sure you've all seen the awesome The House That Lars Built tutorial on making honeycomb fruit, we've added a step to be able to make tiny strawberries. Cute as a button. Hello summer parties!
- Cut out leaf shapes from the crepe. No need to be too particular in the shape.
- Cut out thin rectangles from the crepe. Fold & twist to make the stem.
- Cut the top & bottom off the honeycomb ball & cut some bulk from the side to make the berry thinner at the bottom & larger at the top.
- Fold the leaf and stick to one side of the honeycomb, flip & stick on one or two more leaves to the other side.
- Stick the stem down the centre of the ball.
- Fold open & secure with paper clip.
Setting the table:
- To make a centrepiece, pile large, small & mini honeycomb balls, along with honeycomb fruit & some of your smaller strawberries. You may like to add jars of bright flowers
- Place a small coloured paper plate on top of a larger size in a different colour. Add in paper cups & straws & a yummy bottle of fizz next to each plate.
- Place the napkin on the plate & a home made paper strawberry on top. You may like to add a little tag to this to make a place setting. Fruity fun!