We are always on the lookout for good people to join our Poppies Gang. If you would like to send us your resume, we’d love to read it!
Your application should include a cover letter, availability and a resume that demonstrates a passion and an understanding of what we do and the industry, as well as who we are. Check out our values and story on our ‘OUR STORY’ page – they are worth a read before you send your application through.
Due to the many resumes we receive, we cannot always respond to all of them. All successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHRISTMAS CASUAL RETAIL ASSISTANT
Do you love celebrations and joy? And customer service? We have the job for you!
Our small retail team is looking for a bubbly, creative, customer focussed team member to join our flagship store in Hawthorn.
If you are a team player and your ability to be a self-starter and highly motivated while remaining flexible and proactive in a fast paced environment is how you roll – then keep reading.
At Poppies we have fun, don’t take ourselves too seriously, our work colleagues are our friends, we celebrate everything, colours and pattern are our jam, we like to wrap and rap, we can craft up a storm, baked treats are always appreciated, we treat each other with respect, lookup to each other and high five our victories…sound like you? Then keep on reading!
What we are looking for:
- Someone who loves to celebrate the big and little things.
- Can build relationships with customers and understand the importance of small business in a local community.
- Is happy to work alone some days, can self-manage their workload and stay motivated when it’s quiet.
- Can multi task customers, helium orders and unpacking stock with grace, patience and a smile.
- Someone who is creative and up to date with the latest party trends, can think on their feet and come up with party solutions on the spot.
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures; sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues.
- Flexible with work hours and available during the school holiday periods.
The Retail Assistant position requires:
- Retail sales and building relationships with customers & happy to have a chat with locals.
- Inflating balloons, making streamers or our balloon kits for customer orders- don’t worry we’ll teach you (bonus points if you’re crafty).
- Using the POS system Shopify, for sales, reports and inventory.
- Brainstorming and coming up with solutions for customers parties on the spot.
- Housekeeping, Cleaning, merchandising and general store maintenance.
- This is an integral role within our retail team as you will be the face of Poppies For Grace. We take joy and cake and customer satisfaction seriously!
Mondays - Saturdays
We are flexible and understanding with study timetables, little ones and having work life balance. In your cover letter please let us know how many hours you are looking for and what would work for you.
Please note that this is a casual position located in our Hawthorn, Victoria shop. This position is an in-house position only and open to candidates who live in Melbourne.
Still interested? Want to bring some joy? Please send us:
- Your cover letter - tell us about yourself and tell us about how you and Poppies are meant to be! Also, detail any experience related to the job, along with your resume and availability.